The Franklin High School LIBRARY mission is to provide a safe and welcoming space for all students, staff and community to collaborate, explore, and create. The library media center serves as the heart of our school.
Our library is flexible safe space with digital and printed resources to support inquiry process, social and emotional learning, inclusion and equity access, and future career readiness.
AASL Standards Common Beliefs
1. The school library is a unique and essential part of a learning community.
2. Qualified school librarians lead effective school libraries.
3. Learners should be prepared for college, career, and life.
4. Reading is the core of personal and academic competency.
5. Intellectual freedom is every learner’s right.
6. Information technologies must be appropriately integrated and equitably available.
American Association School Library Standards
SEE AASL STANDARD FRAMEWORK HERE