Tuesday Tech Tips - December 18, 2018Posted by Ted Samaras on 12/18/2020 7:00:00 AM
Tuesday Tech Tips is a weekly blog that contains interesting technology tips, articles, and videos.
Do you have a cool tech tip you would like to share?
Enter it here: Share with us!
Tuesday Tech Announcement of the Week:
Tuesday Tech Highlight of the Week:
Connie's Instructional Technology Article of the Week:
District Tinker-Fests and Hackathons Rev Up Student Interest in STEM Education Experts offer tips on how to make programs robust and successful and ‘infuse STEM thinking and culture into every classroom.’
Ted's Instructional Technology Tip of the Week:
With holiday break approaching quickly, Santa is packing up the sleigh and getting ready for his big night!
If you want to follow him on his trip around the world, go to www.noradsanta.org.
This website, sponsored by The North American Aerospace Defense Command will follow Santa wherever he goes and will let you know when he will be in your area of the globe.
Another cool website to consider for all things Santa is https://santatracker.google.com/village.html.
Google uses the power of Google Earth to track Santa and provides lots of online holiday activities. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Myra's Instructional Technology Tip of the Week:
Filter your Drive Results
To find files more easily in Drive, you can narrow search results by filtering them.
- In the search bar of Google Drive
- At the top, type a word or phrase into the search box.
- To narrow your search, click the Down arrow .
- Fill out any of the following sections:
- Type: File types such as documents, images, or PDFs.
- Date modified: The date a file was last edited.
- Item name: Searches only for the title of the file.
- Has the words: Searches for words and phrases within documents.
- Owner: The person the file belongs to.
- Shared with: Who can view, comment, or edit the file.
- Location: Whether the file is in a specific folder, "Trash," or "Starred."
- Follow up: If the file has action items assigned to you, or suggestions in files you own.
- At the bottom, click Search.
Amy's Instructional Technology App of the Week:
Check out the 90 Hottest EdTech Apps in 2018! See if your favorite apps made the list.
Edward Ward's Tech Video Pick of the Week:
Have a great "Tech" week!Comments (0)