2020-2021 School Year - December Update
The Hybrid Program Begins for Our General Education Students - Some Students Participate in the Fully Remote Program Option (FRPO)
December - The Blue Team of the students in the Hybrid Program began in-person instruction on Monday, November 30, 2020. The Gold Team will return to our campuses on Monday, December 7, 2020.
- Calendars - A calendar of blue/gold team in-person instruction days with letter days for elementary, middle and high school students.
- Additional Information on the Hybrid Pivot Program - Presentations, screencasts and videos (FHS, FMS, Elementary) are availble to further explain the hybrid pivot program day.
- Change of Hybrid Team - Changes from one team to the other will be considered by Mr. Wilson, the Director of School Management, after a request is made in writing explaining the reasons behind the request.
- Change of Program Hybrid/FRPO - The process for switching to/from the hybrid program and the fully remote program option begins with this request form.
- In School Covid-19 Testing OpportunitiesParents/guardians have been asked to fill out a form indicating whether or not they would like to give permission for their children to be part of a random Covid-19 testing opportunity. The names of the students whose parents have consented, will be chosen randomly once a week. These families will be given a link to the testing organization to provide further information, and the following week, those students whose families have provided that information will be given a Covid-19 test during the school day. Results will be provided to the student family.
- Bus passes - Bus passes were mailed to hybrid student families and are available via the Genesis Parent Portal.
- Tech Resources - Technology resources for families and staff members as well as a form for parents (en Español) to report specific tech issues or ask a question continue to be provided.
- Meals - As students return for in person instruction, meals will be provided. Additionally, we will continue to provide meals to those students learning remotely. These meals will be provide in bulk to families in need once a week.
- Additional Covid-19 Testing Opportunities - The Township continues to provide Covid-19 testing opportunites. The remaining dates in 2020 are Sunday, December 20th and Wednesday, December 30th.
Reopening - Month by Month
September - We began the 2020-2021 School Year in a Full Remote Program, meaning that all of our teachers began to teach, and all of our students began to learn virtually, through a combination of synchronous and asynchronous activities. Synchronous activities, where the teacher and students are all interacting remotely and focusing on the same activity have taken place on Mondays-Thursdays during hours similar to those of a minimum session day. On Fridays, all activities are asynchronous, meaning that students log on to their chromebook or computer for attendance purposes and access activities for that day, which they then complete on their own.
October - Students from some of our specialized programs began in person instruction at Claremont Elementary School, Franklin Park School, MacAfee Road School and Franklin High School, attending classes in those buildings under a minimum session schedule. Teachers and support staff have been on hand to welcome our students back to in person instruction and safety procedures, as outlined in the district's Restart Plan have been followed.
November - In anticipation of the late November return to in person instruction by those students who are not in a specialized program, updated information on the Hybrid and Fully Remote Program Options was posted. Student families were given an opportunity to confirm their choice of program hybrid students were notified of their team assignments. Presentations, screencasts and videos were made availble to further explain the hybrid pivot program day. Bus passes were issued. Tech resources and meals continue to be available to those in need. A special Covid-19 testing opportunity was provided to the school community and the Township continues to provide testing opportunities and flu shots on most Sundays at FMS@HSC.