District Goals 2023-2024
- Continue to ensure the health and safety of students, staff, and the community and seek out those who would benefit through policy, procedure, and promotion of wellness programs, thereby addressing food insecurity and physical, mental, and emotional wellness.
- Continue to progress toward the elimination of systemic racism and lingering white supremacy, and remove access barriers so all students have equal access to rigorous academic programming. Ensure that inclusion and belonging of all FTPS community members are embedded in the structure of the district and any attempt or practice to discriminate will not be tolerated.
- Continue to build capacity in current staff through high-quality professional development and opportunity for growth toward leadership opportunities while recruiting and sustaining a diverse, high-quality workforce.
- Support policy and programs that address learning gaps, learning recovery, and learning acceleration to assist students in reaching their full learning potential. Identify, engage and support students who show the need for expanded levels of rigor. Continue the expansion of innovative college preparation programming and place emphasis on the development of career readiness programs.
- Reduce food and energy waste; foster environmental awareness; continue increasing clean-energy projects; increase recycling efforts; and encourage the FTPS community to engage in environmentally-sound projects. Support each school's pursuit of achieving Sustainable Jersey certification.
- Work to further relationships and incorporate a multitude of strategies to listen to, connect to, and partner with stakeholders to address community needs. Celebrate and proactively promote the school district within the community at large and ensure family engagement of students attending FTPS.