Welcome to Franklin Township Public Schools
We are excited to welcome our newest students to our schools!
The Registration Office is now accepting appointments.
Walk-ins accepted up until June 1st 2018.
Appointments are strongly preferred!
After June 1, 2018 registration will be by appointment only.
Open Registration for Kindergarten Students: 2018-2019 school yr.
For the 2018-2019 school year, kindergarten registration for children who will be five years of age on or before October 31, 2018, will be conducted at the Sampson G. Smith Intermediate School, 1649 Amwell Road, Somerset, NJ, based on the following schedule:
- Children whose last names begin with the letters A-M will register on Wednesday, February 21, 2018, from 4:00-7:30 p.m.
- Children whose last names begin with the letters N-Z will register on Thursday, February 22, 2018 from 4:00-7:30 p.m.
If you have a child who speaks a language other than English, please bring him/her with you to registration.
Student Assignment Criteria:
After initial registration and enrollment students will be placed based on the following criteria:
- Residence within the assigned school attendance zone
- Special Education Needs
- Space availability
If you cannot make it to the open registration, please make an appointment for any time after the dates of the open registration
We have a central registration process. All new student enrollments, re-enrollments, and changes of address (within Franklin Township) are handled at the Parent Information Center. A parent or guardian must be present for the registration process.
To complete a registration, please follow these three simple steps:
- Complete a pre-registration form online.
- Download the registration packet or pick up a packet at the Central Office, located at 1755 Amwell Road, Somerset NJ 08873.
- Please use the Appointment Calendar to schedule a registration appointment. Please bring registration packet and all required documents / forms with you to your appointment.
Please click here for a list required documents.
Office Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 2:30 pm.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call and a staff member will be happy to help you.(732) 873-1227