April, 2021 Update
Hybrid Cohort Schedule Continues - Purple Cohort to Begin April 19, 2021
Based upon feedback from staff, students and their families, beginning on April 19, 2021, students whose families have elected in person learning will attend in person instruction Monday - Thursday for a modified minimum session schedule every week. These students will be part of the purple cohort. Students in the fully remote program option (FRPO) will continue to learn sychronously with their teachers and peers during that minimum session schedule. Fridays will remain asynchronous for all students.
Families were able to request the change from in person to fully remote and from fully remote to in person instruction via a form last month. The intent was that families would commit to one program or the other for the remainder of the school year. That form has been closed.
At this time if a student is enrolled the in person instruction program and wishes to switch to the fully remote program, his/her parent/guardian may request a change via this form.
Requests to change from the fully remote program option to in person instruction at this time must be communicated directly to the building principal and will not be processed until after April 19, 2021.
Bus information for new purple cohort will be updated in the Summary Page of the Genesis Parent Portal by Monday, April 12, 2021.
This new information will become effective on MONDAY APRIL 19, 2021.
Dates to Remember
- Spring Recess - March 29 - April 5 all schools closed (district offices closed on Friday, April 2, 2021)
- Climate Survey Ends - April 16, 2021 at 3 pm.
- Purple Cohort Begins In Person Instruction - April 19, 2021
Important Reference Information:
- Calendars - A calendar of remote and blue/gold team in-person instruction days with letter days for elementary, middle and high school students has been updated.
- Quarantine Restrictions Following Travel - Students who travel outside of the immediate area are required to learn remotely for 14 days after they return to NJ.
- Expectations for Students - Participation (Spanish) and Conduct during hybrid and remote learning.
- Emotional Health Resources - Video highlighting resources for emotional health for our staff, students and their families.
- Tech Resources - Technology resources continue to be available for families and staff members as well as a form for parents (en Español) to report specific tech issues or ask a question continue to be provided.
- Meals - As students return for in person instruction, meals will be provided. Additionally, we will continue to provide meals to those students learning remotely. These meals will be provide in bulk to families in need once a week.
- Covid-19 Testing Opportunities - The Township continues to provide Covid-19 testing opportunites. Dates will be provided as they become available.
- Information on the Hybrid Pivot Program - Presentations, screencasts and videos (FHS, FMS, Elementary) are availble to further explain the hybrid pivot program day. Please note that effective April 19, in person instruction will take place every week.
- Information on the Fully Remote Program - We use this option for all students when circumstances warrant, this is the same program all students participated in at the begining of the school year.