Franklin Township Public SchoolsEnglish as a Second Language &Bilingual EducationWelcome!!
We are honored that the NJ Department of Education has recognized our Elementary ESL & Bilingual Program as well as our High School ESL program by awarding us "model program" status!
Of the total 7,300 students in our schools, Franklin Township has about 800 ESL/Bilingual students enrolled in grades K-12. Although there are over 65 languages spoken in our schools, the one most commonly spoken is Spanish, which is the language of our bilingual program.Our programs are based on a few key concepts, including:
- Integration of Language and Content
- Grouping of students based on English proficiency levels
- A combination of Pull-out and Push-in
- Collaboration with content and general education teachers
- Professional development for all teachers
Dates and information about visiting Franklin to learn more about our ESL & Bilingual program will be forthcoming. Visits typically include:
a presentation about our programs
a Q&A with teachers and